Thursday, March 17, 2011

I enjoy spending time with J.  He's pretty much my favorite person.  We've been so busy these last few weeks that our nightly tradition as gone out the window.  So when he asked last night, "What's on the agenda?"  I replied with, "How about a classic JP night?"  Perhaps I should have said, "You know.. the usual."  But I thought I was being clever.  JP night has a nice ring to it.  Basically it's just us, eating dinner in our den with one of our beloved TV on DVD shows.  It's something that we've just done through the years. 

Like some people, we started eating at the dining room table, but since our dining room table sits 6 people comfortably, it was a bit odd to have just the two of us sitting at a HUGE table by ourselves.  So we started introducing the TV as background noise and now after years of doing this, this tradition as evolved to us in our den, eating and watching our shows.

I know that other people might frown upon us eating in front of our TV, but it works for us.  And most importantly.. we enjoy it! We talk during the shows, but the beauty of TV on DVD is the pause option so we never miss anything.

What does your dinner times look like?

2 comments:

  1. It's usually just me so if I don't eat standing by the bar I find myself migrating the the den with the TV too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. we don't have a tv! i know some people think it's odd but we had one and had to sell it since it was just sitting there unused. so we watch on the internet or our laptops. dinner time can be just nice sit down talk with the hubby over red wine or it's like today which is sitting by the pc and working on client's photos.

    ReplyDelete